Industrial leather gloves are clothing items used to cover hands. To some degree arms as well to secure the user or otherwise increase operating performance, e.g. enhancing grip or ensuring sanitary conditions, in industrial and commercial applications.
Used for various purposes ranging from chemical manufacturing to electrical machinery handling, companies like RP Comtrade Pvt. Ltd. offer a wide range of industrial leather gloves. These gloves are able to withstand high and low temperatures, harsh working conditions, and heavy machinery.
Industrial leather gloves have been used by people for thousands of years now. The special properties of leather make it a relaxed fit for the wearer.
The initial manufacturing process of industrial leather gloves:
The process of making great leather gloves requires superior fabrics and skilled craftsmanship. The method of making leather gloves is further separated into simple steps to obtain the perfect end product.
Each glove is made with specific sizes to match the user’s hands exactly. Hence, even if someone has short or long hands, it shouldn’t be a cause of worry as their sizes will be available.
This is an important stage in the manufacturing process of industrial leather gloves. It is important to choose the right leather for the perfect consistency of the gloves. The substance should not be too delicate or too firm. It has to be genuine leather material – just the right amount of soft and elastic to be flexible. In addition, to make the hands of the wearer move easily. Particularly, if the gloves are to be used in the working atmosphere.
After the raw material is chosen, wetting takes place. This is the method in which the leather is moistened to enhance its flexibility. The wetting process ensures that the leather fabrics swell and soften. Hence, allowing manufacturers to stamp and form the leather as per the requirement.
In the next step, the leather is stretched to decide which portion of the leather has to be used in which part of the gloves. The size of the gloves is determined and finalized after this process.
The skinning and plating process is essential. The pattern of the gloves is arranged correctly and a cut is made to match the style of the gloves. For this reason, an iron hand is used and the leather is cut to the exact form of the gloves and then put under a hydraulic press.
End-manufacturing process of industrial leather gloves:
For the best end results, cutters that are qualified and well-experienced are recruited, who know what they are doing. Hence, RP Comtrade Pvt. Ltd. hires professionals and skilled workers to craft and cut the gloves in such a way that every product comes out wonderfully and suits the needs of the customers.
The next step in the manufacturing process for industrial leather gloves is weaving. Gloves can be sewn in two styles, either by machine or by hand. Since there are various methods involved, variations might occur in machine-sewn gloves.
The conventional process allows the gloves to be sewn inside out. However, there are other craftsmen who sew them skillfully from outside. The hand-sewn method is much slower than stitching with a machine. Also, it requires unique craftsmanship to make perfect gloves in the end.
The last steps in the development of the industrial leather gloves include the Baguettage – a quality check wherein the finger seams to see whether it is too rigid or not. This is done so that the gloves can be worn comfortably.
Then there’s Shaping – a process where the gloves are held in warm hands to ensure sure there are no wrinkles on the gloves. Ironing and Pairing is the last step. Finally, the gloves are ironed, tested, and attached together, and then the stock is ready to be delivered.
Uses of industrial leather gloves:
Industrial Leather gloves are used in various fields, such as-:
- Sports-: It is mostly used in events such as baseball, cricket, and American football, cycling, and handball.
- Driving-: Early Formula One racing driver used steering wheels taken straight from road cars. Normally, they were made of oak, making the use of driving gloves mandatory.
- Occupational hazards-: Industrial leather gloves are extremely useful in avoiding accidents in industries and factories. In addition, beekeepers use gloves to prevent being stung by bees.
Construction workers may use industrial leather gloves to add grip and secure their hands. Therefore, welders use gloves to shield against electrical shocks, excessive weather, ultraviolet, and infrared.
Types of industrial leather gloves:
- Lightweight leather gloves: Leather, fabric, and cotton used in the gloves provide a thin layer between the user and the tools and equipment used in the application. These lightweight gloves may provide some protection from contaminants, such as soil or dust and mild abrasions. However, it is usually not extremely successful in avoiding wounds, punctures, burns, or strong chemicals and solvents.
- Chemical resistant gloves: Chemical resistance gloves and liquid-resistant gloves are ideal for protection from intentional contact i.e. long-term exposure to large amounts of acids, alkalis, and various other aqueous solutions.
- Shock and cut-resistant gloves: It is used to handle heavy machinery which might have sharp edges and spikes coming out of it. Hence, leather in these gloves is capable of absorbing any effect and vibration. These events can occur during industrial processes, such as those generated during manufacturing or construction activity.
- Thermal-proof gloves: Thermal-proof gloves, such as heat-resistant gloves and cold-resistant gloves, guard against high temperatures. Hence, they are made from a range of materials.
- High-protection gloves: Some manufactures use a variety of materials to make high protection gloves to have much better user protection. Therefore, electric burns can be avoided by wearing gloves made of a combination of natural and synthetic rubber and leather.
Also, these rubber gloves may include leather protectors and cuffs. In addition, they may be lined with insulating insulation and thermal material.
In conclusion, quality leather gloves are made with the wearer’s desires in mind. Hence, it is produced by a particular method, with the aid of skilled artisans and professional craftsmen. RP Comtrade Pvt. Ltd. offers a wide range of industrial leather gloves. These gloves are soft and durable and longer-lasting than low-quality gloves. In addition, they offer the wearer a sense of appreciation and warmth.